Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 30 April 2012

I am Injured and Badminton Cancelled

Take It 2 The Top and Amazing Mika were due to compete at Badminton on Thursday in the Burghley Young Event Horse class. But sadly due to flooding of the parkland the entire event has been cancelled. I had thought that if I did the BYEH class at Badminton it may quench my thirst for competing at the worlds greatest 3 day event, but now it seems Take It 2 The Top will have to try and get to the real thing instead!!!
This afternoon I had a freak accident and am a bit lame with a quickly swelling ankle. I was untacking Top Gun when he stepped sideways a bit quickly and his saddle fell off. It was still attached to the martingale via the girth. As he spooked at the falling saddle the whole lot followed him. Poor lad shot backwards very fast to be followed by the saddle dragging along the concrete yard, with me holding on asking him to whoa. I was caught between him and the saddle which had become a deadly weapon, the faster he ran back the more the saddle flew about. Luckily after about 30 yards the saddle came loose and Top Gun stopped. I was left still holding on to him but felt sick and wobbly, my ankle felt very sore. Top Gun is a lovely kind horse and gently nuzzled me as if to say "I am sorry are you OK"
I am now sitting with my ankle well strapped up in vet wrap, pain free, drinking a glass of Bucks Fizz with paracetamol, hoping I can ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment