Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Top Gun still Top!!

Despite his last 2 events being cancelled Top Gun still leads the Foundation points for 2012. Only because everything is cancelled and Keyso has gone today. At this rate he will win - if the whole of 2012 is a washout!!!!

Following my accident this week my foot is a fat funny shape, its lost all its normal lumps and curves and resembles a foot made by a 6 year old out of modelling clay!!!

Thank goodness for vet wrap, paracetamol and a good pair of boots. Still sore but well strapped up I am sound, just. It hurts to put weight in a stirrup so I only rode Icon yesterday (without stirrups) even running through his advanced dressage test including the flying changes. Today I can put weight in a stirrup but am not yet 100% secure so I rode all 4 horses in the school. The only near miss was a spook from Take It 2 The Top!

Tonight I should be cleaning tack for the now cancelled Badminton Horse Trials, very sad, but even worse for Jeni Clements and her horse Mowgli who should be in the grassroots tomorrow. She has taken her horse up to Championship level from an unbroken 3 old, with help from Ledbury Pony Club rallies and clinics. I remember Jeni bringing a young unruly Mowgli to winter lessons, having to lunge him before getting on, now he is the star of the Ledbury Pony Club. Lets hope they can qualify for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment