Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 15 April 2012

Oh No...Bang Goes My Air Jacket.....

Weston park Intermediate today, Icon got a competitive dressage of 35 but clunked a few SJs down. Then XC he set off full of enthusiasm and felt really bold, he was pinging and it felt very easy until........

.......... at the wide angled table we had a fab stride, but suddenly Icon seemed to misread the fence and went to put down on the top, as he did his hooves skidded on the wooden surface and we were sliding sideways instead of flying over clear. I landed on my feet with a loud bang of my air jacket going off, a split second later Icon also landed on his feet next to me, he stood on my foot.....Ow!

We decided to retire as he has another run very soon. First time I have set my air jacket off. Anthony made us laugh, he claimed the Army Cadets helping at Weston all ducked when it went bang....he said they thought they had been shot at.....!!!!!

After looking after Icon and working out how to load a new air jacket cannister, we had a lovely afternoon watching the advanced horses SJ and XC. A big crowd turned out as many Badminton and Olympic horses were running, amazing to be able to watch them close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment