Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 21 April 2012

Scared to Death at Kelsall

You can walk the course on Jess Williams BLOG at www.equine-planet.co.uk.
Icon went bananas in the dressage, he is so intelligent he remembered that last time he was here the XC ran within yards of his arena.! We expected a 47 and got a 36. Weird!
I then walked the XC to find to my horror it was not the easy run I was hoping for. Its an Intermediate bigger than some Advanced I have done. I arrived back at the lorry to announce to Ant that we will SJ and go home!
Then Icon SJ with only one down and felt amazing. I nervously went and walked a few of the XC fences again, they looked more jumpable this time. the Burghley Leaf Pit replica still scared me to death. There were about a dozen massive tables/spreads and I hated those too, having ended our XC last weekend by us both sliding sideways across a table.
But feeling nervous I decided to go XC. It was one of those fabulous rides, Icon just said "I AM NOT TOUCHING A XC FENCE EVER AGAIN" and almost jumped me off about ten times. We jumped the wrong side of a flag (20 pens) at the triple brush after the leaf pit (photo) but who cares when he is such an amazingly brave horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment