Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 31 January 2014

Summerhouse BS and BD

Took Hartpury Take It 2 The Top to Summerhouse on Tuesday to jump the 1.15 and the 1.20. We missed the heavy rain storms and the sun shone for the hour we were there. This is the first time he has jumped these bigger classes. He jumped really well in the 1.15 it feels so easy on him. In the 1.20 he had a few rails, I lost the canter on some of the turns and made it too hard work for him, but he remained bold and confident, very pleased with him as a jump off in a 1.20 would be around 1.25 to 1.30 which is as big as he will ever get eventing.


Today we went back to Summerhouse to get soaked riding a British Dressage Medium test. Hartpury Take It 2 The Top was contesting his first ever affiliated dressage competition. He scored 64% for 2nd place, which is fab seeing as I lost him marks for going wrong.
Hartpury Top Gun was just one mark behind him in 3rd place with 63%. We were competing in the open section as I was riding on a ticket, so our result was even more pleasing. I have purchased just a few BD tickets so I can do some medium tests in order to practise the movements required in FEI Eventing 2* tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment