Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 13 January 2014

BS Hartpury and a Top Secret BE Meeting!!!

I had a unique day at Hartpury Show Jumping yesterday riding all 3 full brothers at the same show, it was especially unique as they were all born at Hartpury. Twilight was very excited by the occasion and jumped round rather quickly taking a rail down with him in the 1m with me trying to relax him all the way round! He has an incredible jump I have never sat on anything quite so athletic before. Top Gun jumped a super double clear in the 1m and Hartpury Take It 2 The Top won £15 in the 1.05 with a fast double clear. However this wound him up for the 1.10 when he got very strong and took out 2 rails. The courses seemed tiny however after jumping at Solihull on Wednesday.
Early this morning I set off for a meeting at BE HQ which had been organised to discuss long term strategies for British Eventing. I was looking forward to seeing the new HQ but on route I had a phone call to say there was a last minute change              
and the meeting would now be in a nearby farm shop. In anticipation of a posh setting I was more dressed for Alan Sugars board room than a farm shop!!!!
Luckily the farm shop had a very nice room prepared. See photo.
The meeting was really interesting, there was a selection of  BE members attending from different aspects of the sport. We discussed entries, prize money, relationship with unaffiliated events, balloting, withdrawals, start fees, the event calendar, entry methods, other ideas for competition opportunities within BE

and lots more. There were some really good ideas put forward, although I am biased as some of them were mine, the plans BE are considering are exciting and very positive for the sport.
There are still lots of decisions and work to be done, it's going to take a few years, but now I have heard some new ideas my impatient nature would like them implemented now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment