Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 6 January 2014

Dressage at Kings Equestrian Bromyard

I took along a new helper to this venue, Katherine, she is training to be a physiotherapist (eventually equine). Katherine is eager to learn everything about horse care, having not yet been lucky enough to have her own horse. She is a quick learner and it was lovely to have someone so interested and keen along with me. We allowed extra time in the morning so I could teach Katherine to plait and she did a really good job of Monty's rather bushy mane. I teased her that if she didn't do them well I would lose marks when the bands flew off and hit the judge in the eye!!!!

The weather was wet, windy and cold, yet there were lots of entries for all the classes. All my horses went much better than I could have ever expected. Hartpury Twilight contested his first Novice test finishing in 2nd place with an amazing 68%, he was beaten by his brother Hartpury Take It 2 The Top who won on 73%. Hartpury Take It 2 The Top and Hartpury Top Gun then both tried their first medium tests scoring 65% and and 66%. It was pleasing they both performed some super half pass and shoulder in work, with Top Gun gaining an incredible 8 for his extended trot.

The organisers had done a super job of presenting the arena, with pots of flowers round the edges and international type markers, all very posh. My medium tests were in a long arena and the arena party were incredibly quick at changing the markers around.

Very pleased my boys remained calm in the atmosphere of the indoor and in the wind and rain of the outdoor warm up, all fab experience for them. However I now feel like I have overdosed on dressage and now we need to detox and go jumping!

P.S. The judges eyesight remained intact as the plaits stayed firmly in place!

No comments:

Post a Comment