Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 3 February 2014

Tracie Robinson and J P Sheffield Kick On and Brush Up Clinic

I jumped at the chance to have a lesson with Tracie Robinson GB Olympic dressage coach to the British Eventing team. The clinic was at Crown Farm and the sun shone all day.

Tracie was fab, she worked on getting us to have a better contact and therefore connection. This was a brilliant session for Monty who only ever takes the contact when there is a jump involved. By the end of the session Tracie had given me the most amazing contact and the best collected canter I have ever sat on and I didn't want to stop!

The session with John Paul Sheffield was supposed to be grids but instead it was canter pole work which was disappointing. Monty has never done proper grid work as I don't have room in my school at home. JP commented our canters were all a bit short and asked us to open them up, I was gutted as we had only just found that canter in our lesson with Tracie. JP used the exercise where you canter between 2 poles varying the stride. The distance was 19 yards. I use this exercise a lot at home already and consequently Monty can canter down 19 yards on 3,4,5,6 or even 7 strides and so this exercise was a little boring for us. The next exercise was also one I do at home, where u change the poles to jumps and jump the first and then halt within 2 strides.

We finished with two 100 cm fences on the 19 yard distance and then round to a small parallel on the opposite long side.

The session reminded me that I haven't yet done this canter pole exercise with my 4 year old Rif Raf so when I got home I set it all up for her. She found it really easy, she's amazing for her age, she could do 19 yards on 4,5 or 6 strides.

No comments:

Post a Comment