Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Talland with Pammy Hutton and Ali Mills

A busy day training for Hartpury Take It 2 The Top and myself today ready for the fast approaching season.

I have been working on my sitting trot with lunge lessons with the brilliant Ali Mills, she is very sharp to correcting position faults and I have plenty. Since my last lesson with her I have worked hard on all the exercises riding Hartpury Top Gun, he is my quietest horse and is an absolute poppet trotting round my arena, while I do the equivalent of yoga on horse back!!! Ali lunged me on Tallands school horse Gordon, he's lovely. She was pleased with my progress and I think I am getting better slowly!!!

Next a lesson on Hartpury Take It 2 The Top with one of the worlds best Pammy Hutton. Scary stuff but I had lots of positive comments, I managed to turn right instead of left several times, or vica versa which always drives her crazy. She was however pleased with my attempt at shoulder in and when I rode half pass right she told Ant off for missing filming the best moment of the lesson. Luckily for the purpose of the video I was able to ride several more
of them to a reasonable standard that Pammy described as "very good"

She took lots of time and patience showing me how she uses certain lateral movements to train horses to do a correct flying change that is not late behind. We finished with one correct flying change and Ant didn't miss filming it so I have proof!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment