Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 28 December 2013

Gracelands British Show Jumping & Worms - yuk!!!

Took all 3 brothers to jump at Gracelands today, it's been a beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies and it was great to be out show jumping.

All the boys jumped well with all of them going clear in their first round, meaning they had to go back in to jump off. I like Gracelands as the smaller arena means horses (and me) have to think and react quickly but also they always run classes A7 so you go back in again for the jump off round. At around £12 a class this presents super value for money, the old fashioned way of going back in for a jump off means young horses get a break and I get chance to think on how I can improve from the first round.

It certainly did Twilight good as he was much calmer for the jump off, in his initial 90 cm round he was over excited, fast and manic. Top Gun won £18 with a 3rd place and Hartpury Take It 2 The Top jumped in the 1m Discovery to finish 2nd winning £20. Hartpury Take It 2 The Top felt amazing, it was his first jumping outing since Aldon and he feels stronger and more balanced. Twilight went on to jump a lovely double clear in the 1m. I came home smiling!!!!

Look at Gracelands super Union Jack rosettes.
 Below is Diva, one of my new foals and the horrid picture is a selection of some of the worms that came out of her! When I buy foals I never ask if they have been wormed, I just worm them anyway. 18 years ago when I bought Toby Two Tone as a foal the lady said she had wormed him but within a week of  me owning him he was on a drip in the vets and he almost died. It was small red worm infestation, his belly swelled up and began leaking fluid, something to do with the breakdown of his red blood cells. Luckily he survived and went on to be one of my best XC horses jumping endless clears. He is still going strong and is now a super pony club Tetrathlon horse, he has been to the PC Tet champs at Hartpury numerous times with his new owners Jack and Alice Harper.
Worms 
are from left - a pound coin!, large roundworm(she had around 20 of these huge ones) , next is possibly pin worms, then bots, I think then are large red worms and last the killer small red worms.

2 comments:

  1. The judges will certainly notice this lovely white face coming down the centre line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha yes they will, this one is Anthony's choice so as you can imagine she moves beautifully, the one I chose is a nice colour!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete