Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 29 November 2011

First Aid Course with X Factor

Yesterday I dragged my poorly sick body off to Hartpury College for the day for the dreaded update to my first aid course. Always boring and always a whole day away from the horses.

However I soon felt loads better when it turned out to be the best first aid course in the entire world.

On my course were

Jane Davis - Completed Blenheim 3* twice and one of my best freinds.
Louise Skelton - 4* event rider
Bill Levitt - 4* event rider
Lucinda Green - 6 x winner of Badminton
plus lots of other more local instructors, event riders and showjumpers.

It was an event riders dream first aid course and we had such a laugh, consequently however the course ran an hour late.
Lucinda was playing with play dough all day, I decided it must be an anti smoking thing until Louise Skelton said it was more likely to be physio for her wrist that she broke a few months ago!

Quotes from the course

"How am I going to wee on my head" - Louise Skelton, after being told urine can be used to cool a burn.

" Yes I will need two breaths after that" - Jane Davis after giving 30 CPR compressions
"The two breaths are for the casualty not you" - Trainer

"Drag her out quick" - Lucinda Green on what to do with unconcious rider in the water jump.
"Now you are both dead, you have forgotton to stop the next horse" - Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment