Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 20 November 2011

Louise Skeltons Wedding

Great excitement today as we got ready to go to the wedding of the year. I normally don't go to any parties of any sort and the ones I say yes to I then change my mind at the last minute. If I do go which is never ever, I normally sit in a dark quiet corner and want to go home after half an hour!
It was the evening do which was held in a hall at a gorgeous old school where Louise's husband Greg works as a teacher. It was amazingly like Hogwarts with old oak panels and a maze of long corridors with lots of ancient nooks and crannies.
Louise was beautiful, she had little blond curls in her hair and her cream dress was stunning. My big shock was her Mum Jackie who no longer had straw in her hair. Her woolly hat, trainers and jeans were also missing. A new hair cut, blow wave and a lovely pink outfit transformed her into looking like the renowned and prestigious breeder of top event horses which of course she is.
I cried with laughter however at Louise's rendition of taking Jackie shopping for a dress. Jackie grumbled about every shop and dress she tried and refused to remove her jeans and trainers so they had to envisage the finished look with them still on. Once I had stopped laughing I had to confess "that's what I do, I hate shopping for clothes so much I just want to check it fits and go home. Taking jeans and boots off wastes time, better spent with my horses!!!" Louise looked at me in horror and said "Oh my God Stella you are turning into Jackie". I took this as a huge compliment!!!
We spent the evening chatting to various people and sat with our friends Evan and Natasha Thomas. Natasha was the only one of us brave enough to have a go at the barn dancing. Ant made the observation that if I had gone with her it would have looked so much better. Natasha would then have not been on her own in being 5 seconds behind everyone else in the dance moves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment