Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Mika update and Two Horses Sold



I am in the middle of a nasty cold and feel poorly. Today I have been cheered up as Amazing Mika is home. He is my home bred skewbald youngster whose been with Matt Ainsworth (of HOYS fame) for breaking, Matt has done a fabulous job. Despite feeling poorly, weak and wobbly I have ridden Mika today and even jumped a few small 2ft fences. He is of course very green but feels safe and is a bonny little thing. At 15.2 hh I think he will make a perfect teenagers horse when I have finished training him, especially if he is as good as his Mum in this photo.
We have sold Mika's mum, Butterfly, to Matt for his partner Nickie to hunt, they have had her on trial for a while and she has been loving her hunting. Also sold is tiny 10 hands Poppet, a pony a friend of mine saved with 14 others from a meat lorry destined for the lions at a Zoo(at least that's what the lorry driver told her). I felt sorry for her and bought her for £50 about 8 years ago, broke her in, she has been out on loan ever since, teaching child after child how to ride and care for her. Her new owner Thomas adores her and she is the star of the local Ledbury Hunt where she lives at the kennels.

No comments:

Post a Comment