Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 12 December 2010

Monty Loose on the Common........eeek!

Well. What a shock. Prue our next door neighbour knocked at our door as it was getting light to tell me there was a horse loose on the common. I rushed outside to find Monty had jumped out of his field and was loose on 2,ooo acres of Castlemorton Common. Luckily he was waiting patiently at our gate to be let back in! He had an "Oooops!" look on his face. I opened the gate and he sheepishly wandered back in.
Phew, got away with one tiny cut. It was still dark and very icy and the nearby main road gets fast and busy first thing. He had popped over a low bit of fence having chewed through the rail, he is teething and is chewing everything. I had given him a few rubber trugs to play with as hes so bored with his forced holiday due to the snow, but he obviously decided to go off in search of more interesting things!
I have mended the fence and he is back in work (he's still gorgeous) but I will still worry like mad in case he does it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment