Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Clipping is very Dangerous!

I am slightly accident prone. A few years ago I broke my collar bone, not falling off, but clipping a horse. It was a tall cob and he squashed me against the wall and crack and ow!
Yesterday I decided to give Milo a tiny chaser clip, he stood like a rock while the deed was done and thats his first ever clip! As I put my clippers down I managed to whack my head on a saddle rack.....Ooooowah!.....It did hurt a lot. In the evening I wasn't hungry felt a bit sick and went to bed at 9 pm tired having ridden 5 horses, clipped one, mucked out and been shopping for horse feed. I slept 11 hours, woke up with a headache and a bump on my head. Fiddlesticks its mild concussion! As there is snow forecast in two days, I determinedly took 3 horses on my own to Allens Hill for clear round show jumping. OMG they were fresh, bucking and spinning, think my core stability has risen a few points during Top Guns performance. Luckily they all jumped well. Monty jumped 2'6" even a few from canter, Top Gun was cocky but fab and John Wayne pinged confidently round a metre.
I gave myself a big pat and a polo for staying on lots of bucky moments with a poorly headache!
(Photo - 3 year old Monty out hacking kindly taken by Brian Swindells, Castlemorton.)

2 comments:

  1. Good old Milo, sensible head on young shoulders!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs a Milo, hes my retirement horse!

    ReplyDelete