Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 19 December 2010

Chicken Of The Year Show. 1st.

Anthony has won 3 firsts at the Chicken of The Year Show. The show fills 4 huge halls at Stafford County Show Ground! Due to the snow it took him 2 1/2 hours to get there (normally takes 1 hr).
We took the birds Friday night, they stay B+B for 3 days and are judged after we have fed, watered them, put baby oil on their combs, coat glossed feathers, polished beaks, claws.....etc etc....wont bore you!
Last year his Silver Laced Wyandotte made it to Champions Row, but she has stayed at home this year as she decided to moult at the wrong time! Its snowed a lot again and the horses are confined to boxes again. I've made lead ropes and mended rugs, staying cheery by thinking how much money I am saving in diesel and entries by not being out competing.
Whilst carrying 16 buckets of water a day to the stables from the house, I had a brainwave....gonna train the horses to like slush puppies, then I can just shovel snow over the doors and add carrot flavouring.......!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment