Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Thursday 11 November 2010

Pammy Hutton

Took Icon to Pammy today. Lunged him well before we went to get all the bucks out of his system, there were lots of them!!

In just 45 mins Pammy fired suppling exercises at me like she was using a machine gun, this was done mainly with transitions within half pass and shoulder in, it was fascinating how Icon began to move and loosen, Pammy was brilliant and took time to explain things in detail, I have taught Icon to do everything correctly but now it all needs tweaking.

Pammy took my flying changes apart and showed me how to get him to change behind first and then in front, this was weird and amazing at the same time and will eventually lead to a good change, at the moment he is a split second late behind, which loses him a mark or two. (my fault for teaching him over a pole, which I had to confess to Pammy and she winced!)

She also helped us with our medium canter, having worked on his suppleness and engagement I set him up to canter the long side, Pammy shouted "lean back and give one meaningful kick"....Icon bucked and then extended.
WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment