Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 19 November 2010

Icon Wins and Monty is Show Jumping


Took Monty (Hartpury Take It 2 The Top) to Tack Farm SJ schooling on Monday. My friends Sharon Bradford and Bernice White came with their horses Nibs and Freddie. It was a beautiful sunny day and we had a super time. All the horses jumped well, mine knocked quite a few down....legs and brain too far apart...but he was very brave over the many fillers & even jumped a frozen black water tray left over from Saturdays Derby class. We all went home very happy with our horses.

Measured Monty today he is 16.2, but still very narrow its like riding on a knife!
Monty is becoming wonderful to hack out, he feels real potential top class, he opens gates, does water, ditches, has met loose dogs, cows and even pigs. As I hack out on my own they have to be brave.....this is all thanks to James Grassick who breaks all my young horses in and does an amazing job with them.

Icon won a speed class at Hartpury on Wednesday evening. It was their first evening BSJA show and it was a superb show, the atmosphere was buzzing with loads of people who I knew, James Grassick won the 1.10 so it was a good show for the locals. Can't wait for the next one.

Anthony has been washing chickens all week ready for a big show at Stoneleigh this weekend, they are put on the Rayburn in the kitchen to dry which means some interesting and loud sound effects when I am on the phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment