Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 14 November 2010

Gypsy Horses On the Move!

Butterfly and Rif Raf on their way to winter turn out. You can see Rif Rafs fire breathing dragon on her side, quite clearly, if you have a vivid and mad imagination! I taught Rif Raf to have a head collar on, be tied up and to be led all in the last 4 days. The field we are going to is a 1/2 mile walk across the common, she had to be taught properly so she did not get away from me on the journey. They will stay there until the spring when Rif Raf will be weaned.

Icon had a go at an Advanced Medium today at Hartpury, we had a list 1 judge and actually got some 7's but sadly a 1 for a non existent flying change, he managed the other 3 changes but got very excited. We have to make ourselves do these tests to gain experience for next year when we hope to do some more advanced and go 3*. My sponsor came to watch Maria and Daniel Norrell (Payrolls UK) and delivered a mountain of Polo's to a very happy Icon.

A momentous occasion happened this morning I rode three horses by Take It 2 The Limit.
The gorgeous John Wayne, lovely Monty and his lordship Top Gun, back off his holiday. I lunged him first and my oh my did he buck, I gulped and worried about getting on as he went round and round broncing like he had a bramble in his tail. I need not have worried, he was as good as gold to ride, although I think I will lunge him before I get on for the next few days.

Now I have five horses to ride and I am still busy teaching despite it being November when my work usually goes a bit quieter. On a teaching note well done to Sarah Limbrick who has qualified for the Oliver Townend Eventing Finals at Aintree next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment