Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Thursday 17 June 2010

XC Schooling and a Near Miss....Scary!

Took Top Gun and Milo XC schooling today at Bissell wood near Kidderminster. Its lovely for young horses, inviting fences, sandy going all through woodlands which was bliss on a hot day.

Sue Peckham came too with her horse Chewy. Sue is a very good friend, and has some really nice horses, I am hoping she will get one of them to the grassroots final especially as I help her with their training.

Milo was fab he is so quiet, he jumped really well and even cantered some of the baby fences. He needed a lead from Chewy into the water and his legs shook as he overcame his surprise at the wet stuff, soon he was happily trotting in on his own.

Top Gun was bold as usual and gave me a lovely ride, no lead required into the water for him.
I clung onto to the neck strap a lot in case of woodland creatures leaping out in front of me, mainly Sue and Chewy! Sues horse looked fab he was really pinging and had a lovely yippee look in his eye.

I had a lucky escape as I pulled Top Gun up after the last fence, my rein broke, he is not even strong, the billet ripped out, they are almost new reins. Luckily he pulled up on his own wondering why I had let go!! I am going to replace all my XC reins with buckle fastenings and have just ordered some from ebay.

My web site has more information about all my horses including Top Gun and Milo. You can view it at http://www.stellabayliseventing.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment