Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 14 June 2010

Excitment at The Pony Club Show

Took Milo and Top Gun to Ledbury PC show yesterday. Within seconds of getting Top Gun off the lorry a young pony got loose and went berserk galloping about with the loud speakers giving a running commentary and advising loudly for someone to shut the gate. The loose pony had only recently been castrated and still had colt intentions and so tried to cover 9 year old Saffron Cresswells pony Rosie with little Saffron still on top! Saffron got off, let Rosie go and the colt pursued a terrified Rosie flat out across the showground!

This was Top Guns first busy big show and with all this commotion he was out of his tree.
I quickly reloaded him and left him to destroy the lorry and got Milo out. Milo couldn't care less about any near catastrophe that was about to occur near him and behaved like a police horse. I rode him in the 2'3 and he jumped lovely all from trot as his canter is not yet established.

By this time Top Gun had calmed down and also jumped a lovely round to come 3rd. He then jumped a super double clear in the 2'6. I am getting very excited about his future. He soon got used to the atmosphere of the busy show and stood quietly while I watched some of the Ledbury Pony Club members complete their rounds. All the children I watched rode extremely well and it was lovely to see them enjoying their jumping.

Then it was home to collect Icon and off to BSJA at Hartpury. We arrived in time to jump the 1.20/Foxhunter. Icon was on top form and jumped a super double clear and would have been second winning £30 had I not been on a ticket so could not count for a prize!
I tend not to register BSJA during the summer as I Show Jump very little at that level until the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment