Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Shoes off at a late entry to Shelford


At 9.45 last night Shelford emailed me to say Duvet Day (Spicer) was off the wait list and in the BE100. Panic, I had ridden him and cleaned tack but we had no picnic! We decided to stop at a garage on the way which turned out to be hopeless, stale bread and dried up cakes.

Spicer did a good dressage 34, although he tripped in the mud, judge said he got stuck in it!
He was fab SJ with just one down, this is the first time he has competed at this height and he felt lovely. XC was annoying, I came out the water on a rubbish line and let him nip past the triple brush skinny. Stupid of me to risk it on the angle he has never jumped one before never mind out of water!! It was early on the course and he flew the rest making light work of the bigger fences.

When I pulled up at the finish he had lost a shoe, my friends Joy and Graham were fence judging so they put out a call on their radio "its the size of a dinner plate with 2 studs" (funny but sadly true!) Fence 5 quickly replied they had it, it was the water so he must have slipped before he ran out, no wonder he struggled to jump it.

After he was washed off, I grabbed Anthonys bike and pedaled off to find the lost shoe, when I got to fence 5 they had just given it to the quad bike score collector. I then had to chase the quad bike lady round most of Nottinghamshire, well one field but she was very fast. When I caught her she said she was going to make her fortune getting it weighed for scrap!!!

This was a lovely event very low key and a super first run for BE90 or BE100 its the first time I have been here and will definitely go again. It has not rained for a month and they had done a brilliant job watering the ground it was even a bit muddy in the dressage.

Just before dark tonight my Dad rang worried as Mika (2 yr old out of Butterfly) was hopping along on three legs. We rushed down the fields to find him doing a broken leg impersonation. I led him over the common with all the evening dog walking people staring at me as he hopped along. It was only a foot abscess which we soon sorted out and he is now all poulticed in a stable happily munching hay.



No comments:

Post a Comment