Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 12 June 2010

I Let Duvet Day Down, I am So Sorry...polos for life any good?


First thank you to everyone who has asked how Mika is. He is better and now back out in 30 acres with the herd of young horses and cattle. He had pus in the foot which if treated early and correctly is an insignificant ailment, but very painful and can look like they have a broken leg, its similar to us having a septic toenail. It is caused usually from a bit of grit getting into the foot and working it way deep into into the hoof which then gets infected, its very common when we have a dry spell followed by wet weather, grit gets in the cracks which then close up as the hoof absorbs moisture. As soon as the pus is released it gives instant pain relief. Attention from a good farrier or your vet followed by few days poulticing usually does the trick.

I took Duvet Day to Llanymynech today to do a BE 100. He was fabulous, 37 dressage, one down SJ ( my fault) and clear XC. So exciting it was a big technical course and he just popped round. In view of his inexperience I chose the alternative at the 2nd water jumped the house and trotted into the water the wrong side of a flag, and so was eliminated but had no idea until I had finished.
Despite this it was a super day, blue skies, lovely course, perfect ground, riding a good bold horse and I am very excited about his next event now.

We were also thrilled our Friend Jo Challens had her first run of 2010 and came 9th in the BE90, she is amazing, she had a hip replacement in March and has only been back on her horse 3 weeks!

The secretary at Llanymynech agreed to write me a note saying I had a TE missing the flags out at the water trot in, many many thanks to everyone at this very lovely event, I go every year and its one of my favourites.
There is a photo (taken by Mike Bain) of us missing the flags on the Horsedeals website.

1 comment: