Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 30 April 2014

Young stock update

Arghhh........ Dezina Diva my lovely yearling filly is turning Appaloosa!!!! She has now got a spotty nose. Also Dezina Double Dip (Dippy) is going the same way. Both are by the coloured stallion Gooseford Designer Genes, but are out of slightly spotty mares.

Diva with her mum who is by the 3/4 TB Appaloosa stallion Capital Luke, who goes back to the famous event Sire from the 1970s,H.I.S. premium stallion Paper Cap. Her mum was badly bitten on her neck as a foal and consequently has been a brood mare all her life. Diva has the most extraordinary toe pointing floating trot.
Dippy with his mum, she is by the stunning leopard spotted Appaloosa stallion Live The Dream.

It's a bit of a shock when you buy one colour and they change!!!! Luckily I quite like spotty ones as I haven't met one yet that can't jump really well. They always seem to bit a bit too bouncy for dressage though!!!

And to complete the picture here is a photo of their Dad too. His mother Harvey's Gazelle has had 2 filly foals by the world famous dressage stallion Tortillas. His father Goshka Ringo has sired Grand Prix dressage horses such as Amour G and he is also the maternal grandson of the world famous dressage and SJ sire Olympic Ferro.

And I thought I was just buying a couple of plain but pretty coloured cobs!!!!!

And here is my complete set of current youngsters including 3 year old Hartpury Top Gear who has been recently broken in and is now turned out for a break.

From left to right, Mighty Beetle, Dezina Double Dip, Dezina Diva, ( all yearlings) then Top Gear, and next the 2 year olds Professor Sprout and Mr Wizard.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment