Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 13 April 2014

Weston Park

Weather was good for us at Weston, bit cloudy but dry. Trying a new bit on Hartpury Take It 2 The Top for the dressage was a disaster, he dropped onto his forehand and lost rhythm. I had changed his bit as he had been throwing his head up in recent tests, the new bit had solved that and I was pleased with a much calmer test. However when I came out of the arena Ant said it was awful and the only good thing about the test was my hair had stayed in place (last week, hairnet trouble at Belton!) :-(

I was worried Show Jumping as we went over to watch a few and they were struggling in the sticky ground, the few we watched were putting in extra strides in the doubles, 2 got eliminated. It was so bad the stewards were rolling the take offs every so often and putting stone dust down too. However some jumped really well out of it and Monty is used to the mud.

I was thrilled with how he show jumped, there was a really tough curving line, of 3 fences, spread to upright to double, everyone seemed to be having one of these down. Monty jumped these clear and then clunked out an easy upright later on.

Xc he was fab, one scary moment at fence two where he took a stride out, clear all the way and all the direct routes. Should have some xc photos soon, video clip is of the sunken road, one of the fences that caused a number of problems.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment