Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 4 April 2014

Belton Intermediate

I had originally entered the Novice at Belton but when they balloted so many out I transferred to the Intermediate hoping Monty would be ready. After dressage I walked the XC and I was surprised that the Intermediate XC was the exact same course as the 2* course. I felt the track was 2 events too soon for him, we are aiming for a cic2* in May or June. The rules for cic2* and Intermediate are very odd. In FEI qualifications, a cic2*, is a higher grade than an Intermendiate. Yet at Belton the XC was the same for both classes, so with the XC being the same it made the Intermediate much harder than the cic 2* as cic SJ is smaller at 1.20 while Intermediate is 1.25!
Monty played me up in the dressage to score 37. The Show Jumping was big, with many huge true square parallels. Jumping in the atmospheric arena in front of the stunning Belton House was a lovely feeling although he went a bit green kicking out several poles. I then decided to withdraw XC as felt I needed a good show jumping round to warrant running him, especially as the track was a cic2*.
We had a nice day though and it was really good experience for Monty to compete in such an electric atmosphere. His next run is a Novice and then back to Intermediate at the outing after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment