Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 9 March 2014

Oasby 1st Run of 2014

Had a fab day at Oasby it was so good to be out eventing, BEDE events had worked so hard to be able to run. The show jumping had been moved from the previous 2 days and much of the xc ground had been stoned and rolled. The lorry park was sticky but hardly anyone got stuck and the XC was good to sticky.

Hartpury Take It 2 The Top did a slightly unbalanced test but it was smart enough to be 6th after this phase. He behaved beautifully and he often doesn't first time out on grass, although the warm up was brown so maybe he didn't count it as grass!

BEDE events have introduced a brilliant new idea of an online rolling scoreboard, which meant u could view your scores from your phone etc and also that the commentary could accurately announce your current placing as you entered the SJ arena or XC start box. Good job I didn't hear it SJ or I would have had about 5 down!!! The electronic rolling scoreboards were on big TV screens in the secretary's.

Monty had 2 rails SJ despite having a much better canter, Ant called him a lazy whatsit when I came out, I normally can blame myself for all rails down but maybe not so much this time.

I had a fab ride XC he is so bold. It looked and felt small so fingers crossed we can leave enough rails up in the SJ next time to be able to run XC at our first Intermediate.

No comments:

Post a Comment