Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 9 March 2014

A Sunny Day at Home Almost Ends In Disaster

Sunday was the most stunningly sunny spring day, there are endless tweets on twitter, with people tweeting about the beautiful weather. I taught in the morning, made some cakes and did our food shopping. I rode Rif Raf, her first day back in work, touchwood her splint seems to have settled. I kept her on the even surface of the school today, just in case riding her on an uneven surface upsets the splint.

Excitingly 3 year old Hartpury Top Gear has gone off to be broken in. I will report on his progress in a few days.

Late this afternoon I went to check on my young stock. Sprout and Wizard (both 2 yr olds) look well and are growing nicely, they have put on weight too. However when I went to check the 3 yearlings they took one look at me in my T Shirt, instead of my normal red puffa jacket and took off round the field at flat out gallop. I stood quietly waiting for them to settle. The field is about 30 acres, they galloped round and round with no sign of settling down. Eventually Dippy jumped out over a 4 foot high gate into the field next door, Diva followed getting her back legs very tangled in the gate, Beetle went next and impressively cleared it completely!  They galloped off so no broken bones, but how badly were they cut and they were now loose in about 80 acres of fields, that didn't belong to us.

It took me about half an hour to take the gates down that they had jumped over and another half an hour to catch them.I led the reluctant 3 to their proper field and put the gates back up, a foot higher than they were before. Luckily the only sign of blood was a speck of blood on Divas front leg! I am expecting some swelling and bruising though.  I have now banned them from practising XC unless I am on board, hope they do as they are told !

The escapees from left to right Dezina Diva, Mighty Beetle and Dezina Double Dip.


No comments:

Post a Comment