Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 16 March 2014

Aldon Intermediate

The sun shone gloriously from dawn to dusk, it was fabulous. Aldon is one of my favourite events and Hartpury Take It 2 The Top was a complete star.

He had one proper wobble in the dressage, threw head up and shot off in 2nd medium, but otherwise a good test for a 33.

We had a panic getting ready as I began putting studs in and mangled the thread, Ant grumbled at me and took over, but he then broke the tap off. It was left solidly stuck in Monty's shoe. Luckily Ant had his farrier kit and managed eventually to remove it. I pedalled off to the trade stands to buy a very expensive £15 tap that is meant to be made of superior steel, less likely to break and the packet says it won't mangle the threads! Ant said the people that made it should have used me as a tester! Huh!

I walked the XC with 4* rider Louise Harwood and then rushed back to show jump Monty. He show jumped fabulously and clear.
Warming up for XC I had a panic, the Pelham Monty had show jumped in was no longer working!! Monty was burying his head in his chest and getting deep to everything. Arghhhh!
I flapped, panicked, felt a bit sick and then cantered back to the Lorry and changed his bit to his snaffle and prayed I would be able to hold him.
Luckily he wasn't too strong today, although I set off cautiously. He soon took charge and jumped the most awesome clear XC taking a stride out at the step down to the skinny, far too bold. At the penultimate a double of big imposing corners he locked on to the smaller novice corner, I had to adjust my line to compensate but lucky he is such class he just worked a bit harder and popped through the double easy peasy.

We finished in 12th place and am feeling very happy and pleased with my star horse this evening.

3 comments:

  1. You and your boy did brilliantly. Studs or no studs I bet ant was proud of you. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the fab course walk advice that did it, although I can't remember Wiggy telling me to jump the triple brush at the 2nd water with only one rein!

    ReplyDelete