Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Thursday 4 April 2013

Blue Chip Show Jumping Champs Hartpury EHV

First take a look at this http://www.eventingworldwide.com/the-prize-giving-louise-calverley/
 Louise's knowledge and dedication has also impressed the ed of Eventing Mag and she has been asked to write event reports for them. Look out in next months Eventing for her article on Howick.

Blue Chip Champs

Hartpury Take It 2 The Top went along to jump at the Blue Chip Champs, we thought it would be fab experience for him to jump at a BS championships. He coped really well with the Championship atmosphere, I was thrilled with him. He had a pole down in the final jump off and felt amazing.

Due to the EHV scare we had to be checked by the vets as we arrived, initially the security seemed very strict, with a guard on the main gate. However we didn't actually see a real vet, horses were being checked by Hartpury staff, a friend of mine checked my horse. His temperature was 37.4 so he was well below the danger level of over 38.5. We were then given a certificate to keep with us in case anyone wanted to check that we had passed the vet inspection. No one asked to see it however and if I had taken along other non competing horses to hack about, I don't believe anyone would have noticed. Flu passports were not asked for either and although I was asked how many horses I had on board no one actually checked, maybe it was because they knew and trusted me.

With regard to Bio Security and health and safety I was flabbergasted at Howick on Sunday to find a loose horse quietly grazing right close to my horses by my lorry. It turned out the lady who owned it always lets it graze loose at events afters he's finished, she was behind our lorry leaning on a gate watching dressage. I was pretty grumpy with her, I had been keeping away from other horses as much as possible at the event just in case someone had unknowingly got a horse with EHV.

1 comment:

  1. why`would`you`loose`graze`a`horse`at`an`event`!!!!!!
    CRAZY

    ReplyDelete