Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Aston Le Walls -Sapey in disguise

Last Friday just 5 days ago Sapey was cancelled due to snow still being on the course. Aston Le Walls the same day announced they would replace the event at their Eventing Centre. Amazing!  Entries opened late pm Saturday and by Saturday evening over 300 entries had been received.

I entered Hartpury Take It 2 The Top and Icon in the Novice and ON. I was up at 4.30 am mucking out and we arrived at ALW at about 7.30. I walked the course and then plaited up. While I was plaiting I decided I definitely needed to have another look at the double of corners. So once I had finished,  I borrowed Ants bike and pedalled over to re walk it, I left my bike behind the string in the spectator area and walked the fence, I then got a good telling off by an official for using my bicycle. Even though I was walking the fence on my feet, I was not allowed to cycle to the edge of the string, the rules say "the course must be inspected on foot". Whoops!

Next who should I bump into was a smiling Audrey Thacker, organiser of the snowed off Sapey event. She was still so disappointed they had to cancel as the ground is perfect but fences like the Quarry are still full of snow. Audrey had kindly driven down with a car load of helpers to assist in the running of  the ALW event that has replaced hers. Some friends of ours also were fence judging, they got the call at 6 pm last night.

Both my boys went fab, Icon double clear and Hartpury Take It 2 The Top just floated in canter round the Novice, it was an easy course. Icon hadn't run since last year and HTI2TT is still very inexperienced at Novice level, so it was perfect for them. The water was interesting. It had a log on a high hump of ground in front of the water, splash through the water with a triple brush after, jumped fab though.

It's a good feeling to have both boys jumping good confident XC clears.

No comments:

Post a Comment