Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 13 April 2013

Hartpury Take It 2 The Top Is a Bad Boy....

Eland Lodge, course was amazing and I couldn't wait to jump it, the Novice looked stunning too. There were two waters, a sunken road, steps down, some woodland and a vegetable jump.

H was a bit fresh warming up for dressage and SJ despite having run only 3 days ago, even so he jumped clear and somehow gained a 31 dressage.

Warming up for XC he was very fresh and when he is fresh he is naughty. He was excited and leaping about, I had no engagement in his canter and he ignored me as I tried to gain some balance and control of him. Dam him, so frustrating.

I managed to get him down to the start and stayed on like a limpet when he spooked at the sight of some flowers decorating the start box. Grrrrrrr!

He messed about all the way to fence 4, the first water and then hesitated on the step in, nooooooooo that's 20 penalties. I then got after him he flew round the rest with me cursing him all the way he finds it all too easy so was still finding it fun to play me up. He finished as fresh as he started, he needs roads, tracks and steeplechase to wear him out before XC and get his mind on the job to do.

My friend who is an equestrian journalist said it will make a great story for her when he goes round Badminton and I can recall his more interesting runs as a youngster. I replied yes and probably I will be a decrepit old owner and Oliver Townend will be on him, she told me off for being defeatist!

No comments:

Post a Comment