Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 15 March 2013

Swalcliffe Cancelled and Kings Arena Eventing

Saturday early morning
Just getting up to get ready to leave for Swalclifffe, it's 5.30 am when a text from BE arrived to say abandoned due to heavy overnight rain.

Well done to those who got up early to check for us, saved us many £ in diesel and I can stay in bed.

Swalcliffe have been amazing to me this week in fitting in Hartpury Take it 2 the Top on their waiting list, we eventually withdrew him as I am still not happy with the bruise to his leg, the secretary has been so helpful and understanding.

Very sad they have had to cancel. I walked the XC online last night and it looked lovely, it is still tipping down with rain here, we are about 50 miles from the event, as the crow flies, but as I am not a crow about 2 hours!

Saturday Evening
Kings Equestrian Bromyard kindly gave me a late entry for their Arena Eventing today, I arrived to find it was a very testing course, fabulous experience. Doubles of skinnies and corners and roll top skinnies. I went in on William with his eyes popping out on stalks, the judge asked if I would like to do do 2 practise fences I replied "2 fences??? I may need 2 hours!!!!" He eventually got his head around the spectator gallery , the mirrors, and all the other stuff to jump brilliantly and came 6th in the 80.

Taking William out to shows is a bit like taking Harry Styles along with me, far too many admirers!
(for him not me of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment