Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 2 March 2013

Aston Le Walls first event 2013

It was very exciting to be out eventing, the event had banned lunging to save the ground so I led Take It 2 The Top around the lorry park for a while to settle him. He was as good as gold in the dressage scoring a fab 31, putting him inline for a good place, especially when he show jumped clear too, the show jumping seemed very little and caused very few problems. The XC looked lovely, I was worried how spooky he would be at fence 5 The Water, it was a decent house jump just before the dew pond, need not have worried he popped in easy. Although he gave me a pretty green ride XC he jumped all the difficult fences easy peasy, he went green as we galloped past people walking the course and as we passed by fences not being jumped.   I expected him to be spooky and had a bit in his mouth that is far too strong for him normally, so I had him over anchored giving us 5 time faults, but a double clear is more important than a rosette. Next run he will be back in his snaffle as hopefully his spooks will be out of his system, although I doubt it, so watch this space for my 20 pens at a flower jump!!!!!!

A really good day, perfect ground, fab event, good organisers, friendly secretary and brilliant XC commentary.

I almost forgot both William and Twilight went to Allens Hill Friday to do long arena tests, they went really well and both won their class. William is due to have a go at a BE training 80 class soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stella, I was in the control tower and saw you round, good to see you have a great start to the season & glad you liked the additional commentary !

    ReplyDelete