Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 7 September 2012

West Wilts Fab Days Eventing


A super day at West Wilts. I had nervously entered Take It 2 The Top in his first Novice. I felt worried, nervous and excited for 48 hours leading up to the event, stepping my lovely youngster up to the next level gave me wobbly knees and shaky hands, all those pre event nerves returned that I don't seem to get any more. I have had him since he was 2 and hes so very special. I need not have worried he rose to the occasion like the future star he is going to be. A super dressage test put him into 3rd after the first phase. He then rolled just one pole SJ and went clear XC with only 8 time faults to finish the day in 10th place. I never expected a top ten place so am thrilled to bits with him. His brother Top Gun was also a superstar finishing on his dressage in the 100 giving him a 3rd place.
Got myself into a spot of bother when I saw a professional rider beating his horse near its head with his whip over arm warming up for show jumping, I was so cross I put my best pony club instructors voice on and told at him to stop, he shouted at me to mind my own business and was really rude and had a pretty scary temper. I heard afterwards that this hadn't gone unnoticed and the stewards reprimanded him later. Meanwhile I hid in my lorry and only ventured back to the score board under cover of my baseball hat and I changed my T shirt in case he hunted me down for another rant at me! Anthony chuckled at my predicament and said "you can take the Instructor out of The Pony Club but you can't take the Pony Club out of the Instructor"

No comments:

Post a Comment