Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 16 September 2012

Brothers Lead after Dressage

My alarm went off at 4.30 am on the morning of the lovely Monmouth Horse Trials, I was awake already, courtesy of 3 kittens, who had been having a rave in the spare bedroom since 3 am. (Cute and looking for good homes) I put my lucky pink horse socks on inside out by accident and left them like that, done by mistake its good luck.

The luck worked, both boys led after dressage on a 21 and a 24, I couldn't believe it. Top Gun finished on his dressage winning his section and Take It 2 The Top had 2 show jumps down to still come 3rd. I have had one dressage lesson with my new instructor Charlotte and miracles have happened, five 9's including one for my riding, I now need to pass this improvement on to the riders I coach.

The dressage miracle even helped stiff old Icon who had an 8 for his shoulder in at Pontispool Intermediate last Monday, thats never happened before, he finished 7th. The course was tricky and I never want to jump the double of Elephant Feet logs again, no ground line and loads of horses left legs, horrid to watch and horrid to jump even though Icon popped them well.

The next brother Hartpury Twilight has gone off to be broken, hes an exciting horse for next years 4 year old classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment