Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 22 September 2012

Fantastic Day - Moreton Morrell

As we left Moreton Morrell Horse Trials we turned on Absolute Radios Absolute 80's programme. They were playing Fantastic Day one of my favourite 80s songs and it totally summed up our days Eventing......
Hartpury Take It 2 The Top was doing his 2nd Novice. When I walked the XC I decided it was far too technical for him. A hanging log in the water with angled houses on the way out. Also earlier on the course a bank with a bounce on top to a palisade followed two strides later by a skinny house. However when he went clear SJ we decided to run XC. He flew round inside the time, he just loves to gallop and jump, I couldn't believe how easy it felt, Dan Jocelyn was parked next to us and asked if he was for sale and another lady who has bought horses off me before offered me an enormous amount. I said no to both. He finished in 7th place winning his first BE point and is now grade 3. Could he be a 3/4 star horse of the future, well without a doubt hes the best young horse I have ridden.

Hartpury Top Gun also did not let the side down winning his section. I didn't ride the star dressage test of last week and was 12th after dressage, however the SJ and XC caused chaos. It began to rain as the first BE100 horse went XC making the thick grass cover slippy, the XC time became almost impossible. We put enormous studs in and he galloped round bang on the optimum time. I was amazed when I went to the score board to see if we had managed to scrape a top ten place to find he had won!

No comments:

Post a Comment