Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 30 October 2011

Winter SJ Begins....

I have registered Milo (Man Friday) and Top Gun with the BSJA (now called the BS- British Showjumping) and took them both to Gracelands a local indoor jumping centre.

As I drove along the motorway I had positive vibes and decided I would probably win 3 classes and then be interviewed by Horse and Hound and come home in £ profit, I mean how difficult can it be clearing a few 90 cm show jumps, when both horses have been eventing at 105 cm all season.

Top Gun went first...... 3 down WHAT! And I nearly forgot the last fence and got another 4 faults for that. I came out in a grumpy mood £12 poorer, the winter SJ circuit suddenly looked long, bleak and tedious.

Things improved when Milo went clear in the next class and he had a word with Top Gun who then also did a super clear. Suddenly I was in a panic, 2 horses in the jump off and I was there on my own. Luckily I had plenty of time between them, they both jumped well Top Gun came 3rd (won £18) and Milo 6th both qualifying for a regional final. The secretary at Gracelands came over to say what a super round Top Gun had jumped which cheered me up more than winning prizes. Grumpy mood well and truly over although Horse and Hound won't be phoning this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment