Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 23 October 2011

Confusion at Norton Disney last Event of 2011.

This was a lovely Lincolnshire event, beautifully presented courses and quite technical in places causing a few odd run outs for some.
Our friends Joy and Graham live near so they came to watch.
Milo was a teeny bit tense in the dressage but still scored 36. He was jolly SJ and pinged round clear. XC he was also fab and zipped round.

I was a bit disappointed when I saw he had 15.6 time faults. We all felt a bit sad as he would have been 3rd and has been so quick XC at other events, I just couldn't work out where I had lost time, lots of people had faults for going too fast. Oh well another double clear is still fab and so we fed Milo his polos and packed up to go home.

Then a friend of mine who went before me XC pointed out when I came through the finish she had only just got off and as she was inside the time it was impossible for Milo to have faults.

So I got on Ants bicycle and pedaled off super fast to query it. They had just started prize giving, the secretary was lovely, she nipped off to check for me and then came rushing back to halt prize giving mid flow! Next a couple of super efficient stewards appeared with white stickers and pens to alter the scores. Then suddenly the prize giving was going again and as I peered over the top of everyones heads I could see Milo was now 3rd. I had to collect my prize in scruffy old jeans and my "Riders Excuse Shirt" which is a saggy 24 years old! Just realised one of the excuses on the shirt is "They must have added wrong!!!!"

Milo has finished the season with 45 foundation points, he only started BE in July. My back from the brink miracle horse, I am so proud of him. photos on link below http://www.saundersphotography.co.uk/photo13353364.html

No comments:

Post a Comment