Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 2 September 2011

Mark Todd at Burghley Young Event Horse

Good news, Opposition Supremacy ridden by Mark Todd has been placed 4th at the Burghley Young Event Horse final today. My 4 year old Monty (Hartpury Take It 2 The Top) was pulled in 3rd next to him at Gatcombe in the Burghley Qualifier. I am so pleased as I am convinced Monty is potential top class.


At Gatcombe both Monty and Opposition Supremacy were both awarded 13 for confirmation and given 8 and 9 for Star Potential. It was only Montys lack of experience on the flat and jumping that slipped us down the final placings. Monty has had a month off and is back in work with a much more mature attitude and is really feeling quite grown up. I am aiming him for the 4 year old Young Event Horse Championships which he has qualified for.


Monty has been out to his first British Dressage show today. He did two prelims tests 15 and 19 both in a long arena. He won both tests 68% and 66%. There is still lots to work on to get him up to over 70%.

No comments:

Post a Comment