Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 30 September 2011

Hartpury Stars at British 4 year Old Champs

I think Lotta the stud manager from Hartpury College almost burst with pride at Osberton horse trials today. Two horses she bred, my boy - Hartpury Take It 2 The Top (Monty) and Hartpury Sky Is The Limit (ridden by Ian Wills) both finished in the top ten out of 46 starters in the 4 year old British Eventing Young Horse Championships.


Monty came 4th and Sky 7th, both double clear. It was the most wonderful day, Lotta arrived with 16 students from the College and it was fabulous to have their support, we had by far the biggest audience for the dressage and a huge cheer each time we jumped clear. Eventually the Event Organisers caught on and "Lottas Lot" even got a mention at the mounted prize giving.



All the 4 year olds looked tired after the long day, apart from mine who completed his 2 laps of honour with a good buck!



Monty was the 2nd highest British Bred Horse, he behaved perfectly in all 3 phases, I am so proud of him. Thankyou to Louise Skelton for a some valuable advice while I warmed up for dressage, Hartpury for the Cheers, Lotta for the horse, Joy for the Millionaires Shortbread (kept me awake on the long drive home) and most of all to Anthony (my partner) who although he no longer rides is the most amazing horseman and enormous help to me. He has just told me to delete this bit, well tough its staying in!


No comments:

Post a Comment