Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 9 September 2011

Training at Home with Man Friday and Take It 2 The Top

Both boys are progressing well training at home, Milo (Man Friday) has learnt to move on a bit quicker to his XC fences rather than show jumping them. I have been teaching him to do this first over gorse bushes, where if he makes a mistake he only gets prickled. Then I built a solid gallopy fence in the field just over BE100 height (using some old rusty barrels) he flew it from a true forward xc canter and moving off positively afterwards too. An exciting feeling, especially as hes my surprise eventing star, until May this year I was trying to sell him as a happy hackers horse.

Monty (Take It 2 The Top) is now easily jumping 1 metre at home, which is the height of the show jumping at the 4 year Championships. He pops 1.10 quite easily too but lets not get carried away as he is still very green, especially through doubles where he jumps in too big and struggles to find enough room for a comfortable stride. I am sorting this out with some pole and grid work.

No comments:

Post a Comment