Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Thursday 17 March 2011

Talland and Pammy Hutton

Icon was fab today in a lesson with Pammy Hutton. She was really pleased with him and how he has improved. I have been working really hard with all the bendy flexi exercises she gave me to do. Icon was so good she spent most of the lesson working with me. I need to let go of my right rein more in the right half pass, work on transitions within half pass and shoulder in. AND work on my lower back position in canter. Phew!

Then I had a lesson with Gerry Sinnot on Top Gun. I have had a problem keeping his head from rocking in canter, Gerry said this is going to take time to sort maybe 12 months as he is still young and weak. He gave me a good exercise to help get him more balanced. We also worked on half halts to improve the trot, it took me time to get the hang of a tiny mini half halt, he is so sensitive compared to Icon. Then wow what a lovely swingy trot all the tension had gone. Gerry also noticed I am blocking the left canter by not allowing him to come through, I need to push my left hip forward but still bring my shoulder back.
When I got home poor John Wayne had to work through all the stuff I needed to practice, he was very tolerant!

No comments:

Post a Comment