Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 12 March 2011

Oasby and Gracelands

Icon was let down by an over confident rider in the dressage. We were awarded a 39, but that was much better than I deserved. I didn't have enough leg on in the first counter canter and let him break into a hollow horrid unbalanced trot. Then I over rode the next counter canter and he put in a lovely (not required) flying change! I made other minor mistakes and was annoyed with myself. I am blaming the snow that stopped us doing more dressage shows!
Then in the show jumping I over rode that too and got him a bit quick, having 3 down, it was only 1.10m, tiny compared to his recent BSJA classes.
Icon flew XC with a fast clear, and jumped the quick way at a corner that almost everyone else had gone the long way at. He was way down in the results but arrived home very pleased with his day telling the other horses he had won. I don't think so Icon, but who cares he was a star XC and he knows it!
Sunday I took the Broomstick Brothers (rising 4 yrs Monty and 1 year older Top Gun) to Gracelands show jumping. It was a busy unaffiliated show with a fab filler filled course. Monty buzzed then settled in nicely and jumped smoothly round the 80 cm. He had an Oooooo from the crowd as he lifted his feet up near his ears as he floated over fence one....awesome.
Top Gun jumped clear in the 90 cm, he was easy to ride and makes the height feel easy...he will be ready for a BE100 very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment