Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Monday 21 February 2011

The New Season Nearly Here

Its so exciting, I am busy entering events and deciding who to run where. Icon is having plenty of cantering work round the common using natural features hills, ditches, water and banks to get him fit and balanced. He is almost too fit but I am allowing for more snow....just in case!!
Icon has a new Payrolls UK rug for the new season, we are hoping to do a 3 star this year.

I am cycling without sitting on the saddle for 2 miles which includes up our nearby killer hill 3 times a week, running, mucking out 7 horses twice a day and riding four. So I am really hoping I will be fit enough to hold Icon. He makes jelly of my arms 3/4 of the way round the XC if I am not fit enough.

Monty did his first ever dressage test yesterday, Prelim 12 at Hartpury, he was as good as gold although out of his depth with the high standard. He still got four 7's, it was a big day for him being his first competitive outing. I have event horse Alloon Ice in for schooling this week as his owner/rider Louise is away working, he has his first event very soon, also several grassroots riders are coming for help with their flatwork and jumping. Only one set back is the rain keeps falling and very few places are open for XC schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment