Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Saturday 17 July 2010

She Has Foaled!


I checked outside this morning at 4.10 am and there was Butterfly just starting to clean her new baby. I rushed outside to find a lovely skewbald filly foal. My first homebred filly ( I've bred 6 colts in a row). All was well until 8 am when we decided to call  a vet to help Butterfly get rid of the afterbirth-placenta. Graham Potts arrived and took one look at formidable Butterfly arching her neck, looking about 18 hh and stamping her foot, proudly protecting her baby and he dissapeared off back to his car for some more dope! The removal went to plan and this evening everything seems perfect. It was a worry though Graham warned mares can get laminitis or colic when complications like this occur so soon after foaling.
I rode Top Gun and Icon while I waited for the vet and after he had gone I rushed off to teach at Ledbury Pony Club Junior rally for 11 am. We had a fun day over the XC jumps finishing at just after 3 pm. ThenI dashed home to check Butterfly, she was fine so I loaded John Wayne onto the Lorry (he has been back in work for a couple of weeks) and took him to the Malvern Pony Club fun show. He jumped double clear in both classes. Next it was home to muck out and feed and then teach Katy Richards who is off to Stockland Lovell Horse trials tomorrow. We worked on teqnique for gaining better marks in her dressage, so fingers crossed as this is her horses weakest phase.
Then Anthony and I made it to our local Shindig just in time to see Badge play. This is a local band, I teach Declan (guitarist) on his pony and the lead singer is son of Dermot, our freind and who helps with Ants cattle. They were really good and I didn't have to cook as we had pork roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment