Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Long Reining Monty and Milo Gets Going

This week I have long reined 3 year old Monty ( Top Guns full brother). I find doing a few days work with them sets them on the correct road to trusting me and enjoying their training, all very important for an event horse.

He is just like Top Gun bold and willing, within 3 days hes accepted the tack and is long reining round the school and field. He is walking and trotting over cross poles, ditches, watertrays and small logs all with me running behind! He has learnt to stand and wait even when turning towards home. He will be now turned out until the Autumn, when real work begins.

My lovely 4 year old, Milo (Man Friday - father of Crunchie and Smartie) is back in work. He is the kindest horse. I trusted him to look after last years foals when they were weaned. Sadly 14 months ago he suffered a horrific accident, severing a tendon when he was savagely attacked by another horse. It was touch and go but after 3 months box rest and endless bandaging he survived.

Riding Milo today for the first time since his accident was a pleasure and he seemed pleased that it was his turn to be at last doing something.
He made the decision to ride him for me, I went out to catch Spicer, but instead Milo came over and pushed his head into the headcollar!

1 comment: