Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Sunday 16 May 2010

Feeling Dreadful at Chatsworth Advanced

I have a cold, I can't breath properly, feel dizzy, watery eyes and the steps up into the lorry seem like mountains to climb. We left for Chatsworth at 4.30 am this morning, having no sleep due to coughing all the time. Not a good start for your first Advanced for 18 years!

We arrived and got ready quickly as I had early dressage times. I warmed Icon up for the dressage and despite my Top Hat and Tails I felt completely out of place, everything else looked so supple and confident. I was sneezing and trying to practise half pass and changes, every part of me ached and Icon felt stiff. I felt so ill I had no nerves at all.
However a cheery hello from Adrian Little gave me a lift and Icon did some good changes and we began to feel like dressage stars!!

Icon did his best test ever, he obliged every step of the way and we got the changes, I couldn't believe it. He scored 39 and we were thrilled.

I walked the XC course and it was big (very big). I am not sure why but the Advanced was jumping the exact same course as the CIC***. In view of my cold which was getting worse by the hour I decided to show jump and see how I felt afterwards.

Icon jumped really well with only 4 down and few time faults, which would be a qualifying result for 3* with a good XC round. I walked (cycled actually) the XC with Louise Skelton who gave me lots of advice and it all began to look very jumpable. By the time I got back to the Lorry I was exhausted my nasty cold was happily sapping all my energy and so I decided to withdraw, pleased with our shortened outing.

Next plan for Icon is to do a couple more Intermediates then an Advanced, hes proved today he can cope with the first two phases which are his weakest so hes almost a 3* horse!!

He was furious not to go XC he kicked all the way home, I best take him for a gallop tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment