Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Babies do Dressage and I try No reins Show Jumping

Saturday I took Top Gun and John Wayne to Hartpury to do a dressage class. This was Top Guns first visit to an indoor school and he was unsure at first, however he was soon inside warming up like a horse twice his age. I couldn't stop looking in the mirror thinking he looked georgeous!
He did his test in the huge International arena and was totally brilliant although a little green but spooking at nothing. John Wayne did a lovely test although a tiny bit spooky. A superb result as John Wayne won it and Top Gun was 5th.

Next day we took Icon to Hambledon near London for an Intermediate. He did a super dressage test, so good Andrew Nicolson commented on how nice it was, shame he wasn't judging it as the judge got stuck on 6's. He then warmed up fab for the SJ, Anthony had me jumping 1.40 the day before and it helped big time. He jumped clear but not without incident. He jumped the triple bar very big onto the hard ground and backed off the treble jumping in short, I slipped my reins to give him some freedom and to my horror somehow let go of the reins completly. We came through the final two elements with no reins and on landing he took off across the arena, I thought he was going to jump out, but at the last second I regained the reins and turned him to jump the last three fences safely.

XC he was fab, clear with 16 time faults,the course was twisty and very technical and caused problems for several good combinations, including Pippa Funnell and Zara Phillips so I was thrilled to be going home with 2 more points to our name.

No comments:

Post a Comment