Twitter

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog where you can find all my latest news...

Friday 19 June 2015

Massimo Dressage Allens Hill

I decided to go to Allens Hill to do dressage on Massimo today (Friday) so I can keep the weekend free for teaching and earning some money!

It was a brave choice as it was affiliated day at Allens Hill with all tests being judged by qualified judges and held in long arenas with all the posh equipment out, quite a big ask of a green 4 year old to cope with. Affiliated day is quite intimidating, as I warmed up large horse boxes were rolling in with DRESSAGE HORSES written imposingly on the front! Gleaming warmblood horses were unloaded with petite immaculate plaits. I looked down at Massimo's neatly pulled mane and felt rather underdressed.

However Massimo did a nice first test, he lacked suppleness and needed to be more forward but went great for such a green horse. We were doing prelim 15 and then prelim 17 and the two tests are very similar. I got the two tests muddled up at one point although I think I masked my late transition well!!!

Then he went better in P17 and was much more supple and more forward, with his ears pricked it was like he had enjoyed the first test so much he was pleased to be doing another one! Best of all he was totally non spooky and put his best foot forward throughout, I finished the tests feeling so lucky to have such a lovely young horse.

Massimo had a huge fistful of carrots as his reward (he doesn't like polos or sugar lumps) 
Then I was so surprised when I went to check the scores...... he had only gone and scored 68% and 72% winning both classes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment